We have seen this worrying report that the council has been removing documents which relate to the Grenfell refurbishment from its website.
EXCLUSIVE: Citizens allege council deleted Grenfell files from website as fire investigations widen
J4G are calling for the Prime Minister to disband the RBK&C cabinet and to do so promptly.
J4G are backing the Mayor’s office on radical change for the running of the Local Authority in the interim period with appointment of Commissioners through consultation with the community.
Continue reading “J4G Reaction to the new leader of the RBK&C Council”
Sadiq Khan has expressed his support for J4G’s demand that the Commissioners he is proposing take over the running of the RBK&C should only be appointed after adequate consultation with the Community.
Continue reading “London Mayor Supports J4G’s Request for Community Consultation on Commissioners”
Sustained pressure from J4G and affiliated organisations has resulted in RBK&C Council announcing that residents from the Grenfell Tower “finger blocks” evacuated on the night of the fire, will not have to pay rent until January 2018 at the earliest.
Continue reading “Evacuated Residents – No Rent Payable Until January 2018”
Photo courtesy of Joan Hillary
A poem for the people from the Grenfell Tower disaster by Trevor Hensley
The building burned
The people screamed
The water poured
Then quickly steam
A poster said
To stay inside
But those who did
Most surely died
Continue reading “Grenfell, a poem”
The Justice4Grenfell campaign welcome Nicholas Paget-Brown finally doing the right thing and stepping down as Leader of the Council, something the survivors, residents and broader community have been calling for since the Grenfell Tower disaster. His Deputy, Rock Feilding-Mellen, has also stepped down according to media reports.
The Council’s total failure to respond adequately to the scale of the Grenfell Tower disaster has increased the negative impact on survivors, the terrible events they experienced were compounded by the continuing incompetence of the Council.
It remains to be seen whether other members of the Council will also step down.
The Press Association are reporting that the judge leading the public inquiry into the Grenfell Tower fire has expressed doubt that the probe will be broad enough to satisfy all survivors.
Sir Martin Moore-Bick travelled to the site of the disaster in north Kensington on Thursday morning, later meeting those who escaped the inferno.
Continue reading “Grenfell Tower probe may be too narrow for blaze survivors admits enquiry chief”
URGENT PRESS RELEASE 23rd JUNE
We have just been informed that survivors from the Grenfell Fire who had been housed in a hotel in the local area have been split up and sent to two different hotels outside the borough.
“The government has said they are committed to looking after residents but today I witnessed very upset survivors of the Grenfell fire again being separated and moved to new hotels out of the borough. This is a disgrace and the government must fulfil its obligations to treat these traumatised people with both respect and care.”
Pilgrim Tucker, Community Organiser working with Grenfell survivors.
Please contact Pilgrim for further information
Mobile: 07475 556686