Justice4Grenfell is an independent, community led campaign established by local people as a response to the Grenfell Tower fire disaster of 14 June 2017 in North Kensington. The tower block burnt for over 60 hours with hundreds of people and firefighters, despite their brave attempts to save lives, watching helplessly. The current official figures have confirmed 80 people dead and 70 injured but many tenants are still deemed ‘missing’ and many others remain unidentified. A definite official death toll is likely to be announced at the beginning of 2018. Everyone is expecting the final total to be appallingly high.
A greater tragedy is that every life could have been saved as the spread of fire was preventable.
The campaign was launched five days later, on Monday 19 June, following a Walk of Silence. The campaign has been established with 4 explicit aims:
- To remember and honour the names and lives of men, women and children – who lost their lives in the dreadful fire and the impact of the carnage on survivors and wider community.
- Coordinate information about legal rights, entitlements, hearings, processes and emotional support, including trauma, for those directly affected so that justice can be attained without delay and in an open and transparent manner.
- Develop a public interest campaign to hold all responsible authorities and individuals to account (including prosecutions) for their failure to provide safe homes, death of loved ones and a lack of proper & effective response prior to, during and after the disaster
- Create a unified community voice on this issue to ensure that we are properly consulted throughout the whole process; that lessons are learnt to avoid similar events and loss of life ever happening again.
Unite for Justice – Join the campaign
The Justice4Grenfell Campaign has now been formally established as a Not For Profit Limited Company with the purpose of representing the interests of its members in the ongoing Campaign to achieve justice for all those affected by the Grenfell disaster.
Membership is free.
Full membership is open to anyone who falls into one of these three categories.
- Victims’ families
- Survivors and their families
- Those in the wider community that have suffered trauma or have been impacted directly or indirectly by the tragedy.
Associate Membership is open to anyone who wants to support the Campaign but doesn’t fall into any of the three categories listed above.
Download the membership forms
Please download and complete the appropriate form and email it to [email protected] from your personal email account as proof of signature.
Justice 4 Grenfell Campaign is fully committed to full compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Organisation name: JUSTICE 4 GRENFELL
Registration reference: A8207609